Intermediate Software (Web) Developer
Department: Prairie Systems / IT Team
To further develop and support proprietary PrairiE Systems applications and web solutions, research and develop new technologies for existing and future applications.
Essential Job Responsibilities / Duties:
- Competent in the core technologies used.
- Develops software: This includes writing code, testing and debugging software, and working with other developers to ensure the software meets project requirements.
- Contributes to high-level architectural design and patterns.
- Collaborates with team members: Intermediate software developers often work as part of a team, collaborating with other developers, designers, and project managers to ensure projects are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Troubleshoots issues: When issues arise with software, intermediate developers may be responsible for identifying and resolving the issue. This may involve working with end-users to diagnose the problem and implement a solution.
- Documents software applications: including creating user manuals and technical documentation for other developers to utilize.
- Communicates product development estimates and status updates to appropriate team members.
- Represents PES: by attending industry trade shows and company-sponsored events to network with current and potential new customers, and to promote and market the company, when appropriate.
Typical Work Environment:
- Majority of work is conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Some short and long-distance travel may be required occasionally.
- This position is hybrid work eligible.
- Associates Degree in a technology related field (Equivalent work experience is acceptable).
- 3-5 years professional experience in application development
- Experience in agriculture-related software preferred
- Experience in agricultural animal production preferred
- Experience with feed manufacturing preferred
Specialized Knowledge / Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Visual Studio .Net / .Core
- Ability to work independently on applications start to finish
- Ability to work efficiently in other team members’ code
- Ability to analyze and document software requirements and flows
- Working knowledge of asp.net, classic asp, java script, jQuery, web services(rest\soap), JSON, xml, HTML, Angular
- Experience with source code management tools such as JIRA
Non-Technical Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication to all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral and written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to successfully collaborate with customers directly
- Advocate for ideas / acceptance of decisions – brings a passion for technical ideas but also understands the decision-making process and can support that path
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Licenses / Certification:
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more occasionally
- Follow all company safety procedures and safety regulations
- Follow customer defined bio-security measures to avoid transmitting disease.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.